MGM Grand Detroit Reopening at Reduced Capacity
After months of being shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic, MGM Grand Detroit reopens its doors on Friday, August 7 at 10 a.m. The casino has announced that it will be reopening for a limited capacity due to the new safety protocols.
MGM Grand Detroit is opening for meals as well as the casino floor, allowing players a chance to hit the slots. With limited amenity offerings, venues such as the spa and hotel will remain closed.
A day after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer gave casinos the go ahead to reopen at 15% capacity, MGM Grand Detroit announced their reopening plan.
What You Will Find at MGM Grand Detroit
The casino representatives have assured players that the entire gaming floor will be open. This includes table games, slots as well as the BetMGM Sportsbook. Apart from the 15% capacity law, officials mentioned that physical distancing would be promoted throughout the gaming floor.
Fitted at the table games are Plexiglass barriers have been, and several slot machines have been disabled. During the first phase of the reopening, poker will not be available, and the valet parking will also not be operational.
TAP Sports Bar and National Coney Island will offer teh food and drink. The establishment is inside the Breeze Dining Court, which will be open.
Safety Measures to Expect
Some of the protocols implemented and followed at MGM Grand Detroit include:
- The casino will screen check Employees temperatures.
- All guest’s temperate will be checked and be screened.
- There will be a physical distancing policy as well as floor guides throughout the casino.
- The casino will have limited entrance points.
- Masks will be provided and are compulsory in all public areas of the casino.
- A designated smoking area outside is available. As smoking is no longer allowed indoors.
- Where physical distancing proves to be challenging plexiglass barriers, have been installed.
- MGM Resorts has designed Standalone handwashing stations which will be found across the casino floor.
The casino has also enhanced and increased its cleaning routine using electrostatic to efficiently disinfectant large public areas. The dining areas have also made changes by employing Virtual waiting lists. Visitors will receive a text message notification when tables are ready. The restaurants have also has digital menus accessible on a mobile phone using QR codes.
David Tsai, President of the Midwest Group, MGM Resorts, said they are excited to reopen their doors and welcome back guests and team members. Should a visitor test positive for Covid after visiting MGM Grand Detroit, they are asked to alert the casino via email on email@example.com.
The casino group has also put together an internal team to respond if an employee or visitor tests positive for COVID-19. MGM will then report any positive test results to the local health department immediately. They will also assist with contact tracing to support the health department investigators.
More Casino Guides & News
- ORYX Gaming and 888 Unveil Casino Content Supply Deal July 28, 2020
- DraftKings Gets Permit for Illinois Sports Betting July 27, 2020
- College Sports Betting Arguments Continue at Senate Judiciary Hearing July 26, 2020
- Poker Fans Get Another Two Years of Poker on NBC July 24, 2020
- NJ Player Wins Mega Millions Jackpot July 23, 2020