Mississippi Gaming Ready to Open within New Safety Guidelines
Despite high pandemic numbers in the Magnolia state, the Governor has decided to let Mississippi gaming operators reopen their casinos. In conjunction with health and safety guidelines, of course. So, what’s on the cards for this week?
According to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, all venues will have to follow guidelines to a tee. While it seems like operators are “scouring” the new policies to meet the standard, there are real concerns about a rise in cases if they reopen. But, the state claims to be monitoring the situation.
New Mississippi Gaming Guidelines
Based on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) suggestions, the Mississippi Gaming Commission has included social distancing in the policies. Of course, whether or not gamblers will adhere to guidelines is another story.
Anyway, the new rules state that the casinos will be expected to:
- Operate at 50% capacity.
- Screen all patrons with health questions.
- Enforce hygiene standards, including hand sanitizer and masks.
- Limit gaming tables to three players.
- Sanitize all gaming table seats and rails when players move on.
- Slot machines must be placed six feet apart.
- And, sanitize gaming machines thoroughly every four hours.
Mississippi will be joining Nevada, Arizona, California, New York, Idaho, Oklahoma, Louisiana, North and South Dakota, and Washington in reopening. But, can the state safely prevent further positive cases? The answer: probably not, and health experts believe that there will be consequences.
Pandemic Statistics in the Magnolia State
According to current reports, positive cases are sitting on 11 296 (17 May), with 521 deaths. Despite daily cases increasing rapidly, Mississippi gaming seems to be pushing ahead anyway. After President Trump announced his intentions to open the economy quickly, it seems that states are listening.
After all, protestors in the United States are convinced that safety measures are “too restrictive” and infringe on their rights.
Latest News Updates
No matter what happens, our team of experts will be following stories like this and report them right here. So, keep visiting our site for the latest developments!
- Louisiana to Open Casino Doors Starting on Monday May 15, 2020
- MGM CEO Believes Casinos Can Safely Open Over Coming Weeks May 14, 2020
- DraftKings Casino Launches in Pennsylvania May 11, 2020
- Common Blackjack Myths May 9, 2020
- A Quick History of Casino Games and Gambling May 8, 2020