No Limit Texas Holdem is a version of the popular variant of poker favored by more experienced players. No Limit is more of a game that requires you to read through players bluffs better, hence we would not recommend this as a game for new players. The rules of No Limit are similar to the normal holdem poker except that there is literally no limit to how much each player can wager.
Just like every other game of Texas Holdem, no limit poker is played with two hole cards and five community cards. Each player gets their hole cards. There are three rounds of betting where the community cards are intermittently dealt out.
In No Limit Texas Holdem the object of the game is still to make the best hand using the hole and community cards. We recommend that players get familiar with online poker and try holdem poker free to get practice.
Play No Limit Holdem at Top Casinos
How to Play Texas Holdem No Limit
Playing Texas Holdem No Limit is easy. Just follow the instructions below and you’ll be a pro in no time.
- No Limit Poker starts off with two players making “forced” bets. These bets are known as the blinds. There is the big blind and the small blind.
- Next each player is dealt their hole cards.
- After that the player on the left of the big blind is the first to play in the first round of betting.
- If any players call the big blind, the player who originally made the big blind is then given another chance to raise. This extra chance to raise is known as a live blind. In the event that the player with the live blind checks, the betting round ends.
- In general, the “big blind” sets the minimum bet and he “small blind” is half the big blind if it’s an even number.
The blinds exist because Texas hold ’em is often played without antes. That is why this variation of poker is popular because players can fold without having placed a bet. The blind bets set a buy-in of sorts for players to participate. This also helps in creating the pot from which winnings will be collected.
The Rules of Texas Holdem
The minimum bet in No Limit Hold’em is the same as the size of the big blind, but players can always bet as much more as they want, up to all of their chips.
- Minimum raise: In No Limit Hold’em, the raise amount must equal at least the last bet or raise made. If the last bet was $10, then the next player must raise $10 totalling a bet of $20.
- Maximum raise: is the size of your chips.
In No Limit Hold’em, there is no restriction on how many raises are allowed.
No Limit Holdem Tips and Strategies
- Be very selective of the starting hands you play.
- Choose games where you have an edge.
- Online it’s nearly impossible to read other players, so focus on your own game instead of trying to figure out the next person’s move.
- Raise when the odds are with you.
- Do not play too may starting hands.