Caribbean Stud poker (also known to some as casino stud poker) is a popular poker variation available in casinos around the world, including the United States. The game is very similar to five-card stud poker, having taken many of its rules from the game. However, it differs in the fact that players play and bet against the house instead of each other. In turn, players need to revise their strategies as bluffing becomes less of a variable in the game, and the outcomes somewhat easier to predict.
It is completely possible to play Caribbean Stud poker online at the best US casinos sites. If you would like to learn more about the game and how you can play online, we recommend that you stick around. Below we go through how to play this variation of the game and some of the tips and tricks players should keep in mind while playing it. So, go on – we know you want to get ahead in the game!
Best Caribbean Stud Poker Casinos 2020
The casinos listed below are the best poker casinos available online. Players can expect to find a wide variety of poker games at each site, including Caribbean Stud poker.
|Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Irish Luck Casino|
|Best USA Online Casino For July 2020|
|Play Prism Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Sun Palace Casino|
|Top Online Casino USA for Top Slots|
|Play Slots Of Vegas Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|One of the Best Online Casinos in the USA|
|Play Old Havana Casino|
|Top Rated Online Casino USA|
|Play cafe Casino|
|Best US Casino Online|
|Play Las Vegas Casino|
|Most Popular US Online Casino Site|
|Play Red Dog Casino|
|Best USA Online Slots For May 2020|
|Play High Country Casino|
|One of the Top Ten US Online Casino Sites|
|Play Drake Casino|
|Excellent Casino Site|
How to Play Caribbean Stud Poker
Caribbean Stud poker is a pretty standard poker game. Players can expect the table to appear more similar to a blackjack table than a traditional poker table. The game uses a standard 52-card deck and does not feature any wild cards. If you are unsure of how general poker rules work, we have listed some quick how-to-play steps here:
- Place your bet – every poker game starts with a bet. This bet is usually called the ante. It is only after you place it that the dealer will begin to distribute cards.
- Get your cards – after you have placed your bet, players will be given five cards that they will only be able to look at after the dealer has revealed their first card.
- Call or Fold – after you have had a look at your cards, you will have the decision to call or fold. This basically means bet more or choose to abandon the game and lose your ante bet. It is important to remember that this variation uses standard poker hands. Players should also keep in mind that if they choose to call, they will be required to place double their ante bet amount in the pot.
- Showdown – after players have decided to whether they want to bet or fold, the dealer will reveal all their cards. It is important to note that the dealer needs at least a high-card in their hand if they are to play on in this stage. Players then compare their hands to that of the dealer to see if they qualify to win anything.
Top Poker Strategy
While we won’t say that our strategy will get you wins every time (as no strategy will), we will say that it will help lessen the house edge. Thus, without further ado, here are some top Caribbean Stud poker tips!
- Don’t Fold on Pairs – now while in other poker variations players may be encouraged to fold on pairs, it’s also important to note that other variations see players go up against each other and the dealer. In Caribbean Stud poker, you are playing with fewer variables. Thus, it’s completely possible to beat the dealer with simply a pair.
- Fold on Terribly Weak Hands – that said, we do recommend that you do not try your luck on high card hands with a low high card. There is literally no reason to increase your bet if the highest card in your hand is less than a King as there are so many opportunities to lose!
- Call on Hands Better than Pairs – as previously mentioned, if you are dealt a hand with an actual variation, there is a good chance you may win. Thus, we recommend that you increase your bet. Therefore, if you win, you win more and maybe even encourage the dealer to fold.
Caribbean Stud Poker History
The true origins of Caribbean Stud poker are somewhat unclear. Pro poker player David Sklansky has previously claimed to have contributed to the game’s creation. He claims that he created the first version of the game sometime during 1982 under the name “Casino Poker”. The early form of the game was supposedly somewhat different to the modern version we know today.
Some deviations included the dealer revealing two of their cards instead of just one. In addition, the game had no progressive jackpot, which the variation has become wildly renowned for. Supposedly, Sklansky was unable to patent the game (which is not unfounded, as the creator of Pai Gow poker Sam Torosian was also famously, and incorrectly, advised that this was not possible).
Sklansky was then supposedly approached by another poker player some years later who claimed to have taken the game to the Excelsior Casino in Aruba and had the game patented. The Excelsior Casino (formerly known as the King International Casino) is often credited as the birthplace of Caribbean Stud poker.
It seems as if it will forever remain unknown whether or not Sklansky or the Excelsior Casino created the game. What we do know is that since its introduction in the world of gambling, it has grown to be a hot favorite among players.
Check out our other poker pages: