Online Craps, also known as shooting dice, is a gambling game that involves rolling a pair of dice, with 7 and 11 being considered a winning roll, while 2, 3, and 12 are losing rolls. Craps has become an extremely popular casino game, especially here in the United States. The idea behind the game is quite simple really. A player rolls a pair of dice and wagers are placed on the predicted outcome of the roll. While the premise is quite simple, there are some rules that can make the game a little more difficult to understand for new players.If you’re new to Craps, whether online or at a land-based casino, you’ve come to the right place. We at Casino US will walk you through this thrilling game, tell you about its history, and how to play. Before you know it, you’ll be having the time of your life at Craps tables in America.
TOP CRAPS ONLINE CASINOS AMERICA 2018
$350 MATCH BONUS
A HISTORY OF CRAPS IN AMERICA
With most casino games out there, the history and origin of the game remains a bit of a mystery. Thankfully, Craps is the exception to this rule. While we don’t know everything about the origin story of Craps, we know more than most other games.
The generally accepted theory of how Craps came to be takes us back to the 12th century, and to English soldiers fighting in the Crusades. The soldiers were known to play a very popular game involving dice called ‘Hazard’. This is thought to be how Craps got started, although it is said that Hazard was a far more complex game than Craps is today.
THE NEW WORLD – JOURNEY TO UNITED STATES
Eventually, Hazard found its way to the French who began to play and enjoy the game. Once the ‘New World’ had been discovered, the game made its way over to Louisiana. Once again it gained popularity and became very popular with American players. The game was modified and made easier to play and its name was eventually derived from the French word for toad. This was because players resembled toads when they crouched around the dice in the street.
Craps eventually took its final form in 1907, when John H. Winn made some changes to the game’s layout and revised some of the rules, turning Craps into the game we know and love today. During the 20th century, Craps had a fairly difficult time. It gained and then lost popularity and was left behind by some other, more popular casino games. This changed in the 1990s, when online casinos burst onto the scene. Craps online was soon introduced and it became a hit for online players around the world.
HOW TO PLAY ONLINE CRAPS IN AMERICA
Craps can be quite a confusing table game when you first look at the game’s table. This can very quickly put many American players off the game, but we promise you, it’s not as bad as it looks. Part of the reason that it looks so complicated is that there is so much to look at on the table. The good news is that the Craps table is actually mirrored. The left and right side of the table is identical; this is to allow more players to partake in the game at a casino. Once players realize this, it generally becomes a lot less complicated. Once you actually start playing, it gets easier. There are two distinct phases of the game, known as the ‘Come Out Roll Phase’ and the ‘Point Phase’.
COME OUT ROLL PHASE
The initial phase of the game is known as the Come Out Roll Phase of the game. Players who wish to place a wager need to bet on either a Pass Line bet or a Don’t Pass line bet. These are the only two options at this point of the game. The shooter, the player who is rolling the dice, is aiming to get a 7 or 11 at this point. If they manage to get this, all players who placed a Pass Line bet will win. If the shooter lands on a 2, 3 or 12, Don’t Pass Line bets will win. In addition, the shooter’s game is over and another player will take on that role. However, if none of the above numbers are rolled, the game moves into phase two, the Point phase.
Should the shooter roll a number other than a 2, 3, 12 ,7 or 11, that number becomes known as the point number. During the point phase, the shooter needs to roll the point number before they roll a 7. If they manage to do this, everyone who placed a Pass Line bet will win. However, if a 7 is rolled before the point number, Don’t Pass Line Bets win.
This is largely all American players need to know in order to get involved in a game of Craps. There are several other types of bets that can be made, but these are the most important.
WINNING STRATEGIES FOR ONLINE CRAPS USA
Everyone is always looking for the best winning strategies out there. Online Craps is a game that relies almost exclusively on luck, as there is no way to influence how the dice roll. Once you place your bet, the roll will determine everything. Because of this, we’re sad to say that there is very little you can do to improve your odds, but we can give you some tips that will hopefully improve your experience with the game.
- Always set a budget – We recommend that players from America never start playing without setting a firm budget. Once you’ve gone through your funds, stop playing! If you chase your losses, chances are you’re just going to lose even more cash.
- Budget your time as well – Like budgeting your money, make sure you decide how long you’re going to play before you start playing. This will ensure you don’t land up spending too much time playing Craps and creating problems in other parts of your life.
- Set a Win Limit – We also recommend you set a win limit before you start playing. Essentially you’ll be deciding that if you win a certain amount of money, you’ll cash out. This will help prevent you from trying to keep a winning streak going for too long and running out of luck.
- Try different bets – Some bets in Craps will be decided after a single roll, while others may take a few rolls to decide. Don’t be afraid to try different things. Always remember that the lower the payout, the better the odds. Try and spread your bets around by placing some bets with good odds and some with bad odds.
ONLINE CRAPS GLOSSARY UNITED STATES
- Any Seven – When a player bets that the result of the next dice roll will be 7.
- Back Line – This is a slang term in Craps for the Don’t Pass Line bet
- Bankroll – A term that refers to the total amount of money a player has at their disposal to gamble with.
- Bones – A slang term used for the Dice in Craps
- Cold Table – Players use this term to refer to a table that sees players frequently losing on.
- Hot Table – The opposite of a cold table, where players are often winning
- House Edge – A term used to refer to the advantage the casino has over the player. In Craps, the house edge is less than 1%,
- Natural – When the shooter’s Come Out rolls a 7 or 11. Players who made a Pass Line bet immediately win.
- Single Roll Bets – These are bets that will be decided after a single roll.
- Point – If a 2, 3, 7, 11 or 12 isn’t rolled during the Come Out phase of the game, the number that is rolled becomes the Point number. This number needs to be rolled again, before a 7, for Pass Line Bets to win.
- Roll Craps – When the shooter rolls a 2, 3, or 12 in the Come Out Phase.
- Shooter – The term used to refer to the player rolling the dice while playing Craps at a land-based casino.
WHY PLAY CRAPS ONLINE?
American players may now be wondering why they should find an online casino and play Craps online, instead of at a land-based casino. Craps games are the same after all, aren’t they? For the most part, this is true, but there are still some very good reasons why you should look for Craps at an online casino.
One of the best reasons to look at playing a casino game online is the convenience. American players who can access the Best online casinos in USA will no longer need to drive out to their favorite land-based casinos for a Craps game.
One great reason to play online is that there is no rush to make decisions. Players can really take their time in deciding what bets to place and no one will be trying to speed them up. This can potentially lead to players making smarter bets and winning more often.
When you play Craps in a land-based casino, you’ve pretty much got one choice. However, take your Craps gaming online and you’ll find several variations of the game. This is great news for American players who want to mix things up a little.
One area land-based casinos cannot compete with their online brethren is with bonuses. Online casinos provide fantastic welcome bonuses to new players, as well as regular promotional offers to existing clients. We highly recommend making use of these to improve your online casino gaming experience.
Online Craps has been known to generate some amazing hot streaks before, especially for the shooter. As you’re always the shooter when playing Craps games online, it’s not uncommon to have some amazing win streaks.