Get the top roulette tips for Roulette, which is one of the most popular casino games in the world. It is easy to play and understand, and tonnes of fun. Whether you plan on playing Roulette online at an online casino site, or a land-based casino, you’re guaranteed a good time.
Unlike many table games, Roulette is purely a game of luck, though, and player skill cannot improve your chances of winning. However, we have several tips and tricks that we can give to our readers to make sure they have the best possible results when spinning the roulette wheel.
Top Roulette Casinos
Top Roulette Tips and Tricks
Roulette is not a casino game known for its massive jackpots, so it is essential for new players to arm themselves with roulette tips to ensure the best possible chance of success. These tips cannot improve the chances lady luck will grant you wins, but it does set you up to maximize your winning potential. Here are our top tips for playing Roulette.
- Know your Roulette Versions – At most casinos, you will find three versions of the game. These are American Roulette, French Roulette, and European Roulette. They have minor differences that separate them, but these differences can make a huge difference. Make sure you choose the right version of Roulette for you.
- Know the Differences – It is essential to know what makes each version of roulette different and how this affects your chances of winning. The best versions to play are European or French Roulette.
- Make sure you’re in the mood – If you’re not really in the mood to play Roulette, or any other casino games, you might find yourself losing more often. Roulette players need to concentrate properly on their gambling, so if you’re not in the mood, instead take a break.
- Make Outside Bets – We recommend placing outside bets when playing Roulette. Outside bets cover things like betting on ‘Red or Black’, ‘Odds or Even’, and so on. These bets have smaller payouts, but you’re more likely to win far more often.
- Budget your Money – This is advice that applies to all forms of gambling, not just Roulette. Players need to manage their money and make sure they don’t bet any more money than they can afford to lose.
- Gambler’s Fallacy – Don’t get sucked into thinking what number is due to come up. Whether playing in a land-based casino or online, the results are entirely random. Just because Red has come up ten times, doesn’t mean there is a higher chance of it coming up on the next spin.
- Know the Odds – It’s essential to know the odds and payouts of the various bets. This will help guide players on placing the right bets for them, depending on their respective budgets.
- Combination Bets – We highly recommend placing combination bets when playing Roulette. These bets allow gamblers to bet on two, three, four, or six numbers at a time.
How to Play Roulette
Learning how to play this popular casino game is really easy. Playing Roulette at an online gambling site or a land-based casino is the same. Below is a quick step-by-step guide on how to play Roulette.
- Step One – Begin by placing your Roulette bets. Decide on whether you want a bigger payout, but worse odds of winning, or better chances of winning but a smaller payout.
- Step Two – Spin the wheel and wait for the results.
- Step Three – Once the ball lands, the results will be determined. If it lands on the number you bet on, you will receive your payout.
- Step Four – Spin again! You can either change your bet or replay the same bet.
The Roulette Wheel
No matter which roulette version you play, the wheel will be almost identical. All roulette wheels contain 36 numbered pockets, ranging from 1 – 36. European and French Roulette will then have a green 0 pocket, while American Roulette has two green pockets, which are 0 and 00.
That extra 00 pocket is what differentiates American Roulette from the other versions. This additional 00 pocket makes a big difference. In European Roulette, the house edge is 2.63%, while American Roulette has a house edge of 5.26%.
Roulette Tips – Betting Systems
One of the best roulette tips we can give is to choose a betting system that works for you. Many gamblers believe the right betting system can give the player the edge over the house.
However, no betting system will ever be able to change where the ball is going to land. The best thing a betting strategy can do is help make your bankroll last. Below are some of the most popular betting strategies for Roulette.
- Martingale – The Martingale betting strategy is one of the best-known strategies out there. It involves players placing even money bets, and doubling your bet when you lose. The idea is that when you eventually do win, you’ll win back everything you lost, plus your original bet. However, this can be a risky strategy, as a losing streak will very quickly see your required bet grow exponentially.
- D’Alembert – This betting strategy is very similar to the Martingale strategy and encourages players to increase their bets on losing spins. It is a relatively low-risk strategy, and players shouldn’t be at risk of losing their whole bankroll. The difference is that while the Martingale strategy requires you to double your bet on a loss, with this strategy, you only increase your bet by one unit on a loss.
- Fibonacci – This is based on the famous Fibonacci mathematical sequence. In essence, when players win, they advance to the next number in the sequence. But if they lose, they take two steps back.
Roulette Tips FAQs
This depends on what the player wants. Do they want frequent, but smaller wins, or larget and infrequent wins? Betting on a single number will give you the largest payout, but the chances of winning are much smaller.
In a fair roulette game, there should be no number that hits more often than any other. Every number will have a 1 in 37 chance of coming up. However, some simulations have been run and determined that certain numbers tend to come up more frequently. But these simulations needed to simulate 80 billion spins to see the pattern.
There are a number of strategies that players can employ while playing Roulette. However, these strategies cannot improve your chances of winning, but they can make your bankroll last longer.
Yes, if anyone tells you they have a foolproof way of winning, they are not being honest. Roulette is all luck. Once the wheel is spun, there is no way to predict or guide where the ball will land. All you can do is try to make smart bets.
There is no way to ensure you win every time in Roulette. Whether you win or lose all comes down to luck.
Yes, it is. There is no way for the casino to control where the ball lands in a land-based casino. If we’re talking about online Roulette, there is a chance the game could be rigged. However, if you choose a regulated casino site, the game is guaranteed to be as fair as a land-based casino.
If you’re looking for the largest payout in Roulette, you’ll want to place a bet on a single number. This is called a straight bet. If you win, you will be paid out 35x your original bet.
However, the chances of winning this bet are extremely small. In European and French Roulette, your chances of winning are just 2.7%, while American Roulette has an even smaller chance of winning, at 2.63%.
OTHER ROULETTE GUIDES