BEST ONLINE POKE CASINOS USA 2017
ONLINE POKER USA HISTORY
Online poker has many different beginnings. The earliest can be traced back to the 10th century in China where poker was played using dominos. In the 16th century a game called ‘Nas’ was played in Persia, and another game known as ‘Primero’ was played in Spain. This game had the biggest influence over the game we play today as ‘Primero’ gave rise to betting and bluffing in poker. In the 17th century the game then travelled to France where it was called ‘Poque,’ and to Germany and was known as ‘Pochen.’ Poker finally landed in America in 1834 where it underwent a few changes and a hit quite a few bumpy patches. By 1970 the game had made its way to Britain and Europe and by the 1990’s splashed across our computer screens.
BASICS ONLINE POKER AMERICA
Poker is played using a standard 52 card deck. At the beginning of the game, each player is dealt a hand and then places bets. The player with the highest ranked hand wins. There are many different variations of poker, in this guide we will focus on the three main variations found at a USA casino online, which are, Texas hold’em, Omaha and Seven card stud.
AMERICAN ONLINE POKER VERSIONS
This version of online poker is probably the most popular version, as it is both simple and complex. This version is also played using a standard deck with 52 cards. Players begint he round after ebing given two cards each by the dealer. These cards are placed face down and are known as ‘hole’ cards. The player that is on the left of the dealer is called the ‘small blind’. This player must place a bet which is half of the bet limit, before other players have seen their cards. The player on the left of the small blind is called the ‘big blind’ and must also place a bet before the players have seen their cards. This bet must meet the bet limit.
BETTING IN TEXAS HOLD’EM
The rest of the players then place their bets and must either ‘check, fold, call or match’ the bets. Then three cards are placed on the poker table, face up. These cards are used by all players to make their hand and is known as the flop. Players then place bets again and a fourth community card is placed, which is known as the turn. This is followed by more betting. One final card known as the river is dealt and the last round of betting takes place. The flop, the turn and the river are collectively known as community cards. Players must use two of their cards and any three cards from the community cards to form their final hand. Once all the bets have been placed, all the players reveal their cards and the highest ranked card wins. This is known as the showdown.
In Omaha players are dealt four ‘hole’ cards each. Each player then places a bet and must either ‘check, fold, call or match’ the bets. This is followed by three community cards known as the ‘flop,’ and additional betting round. A fourth community card known as the ‘turn’ is then placed, which is followed by another betting round. The last community card, known as the ‘river’ is dealt and the last round of betting takes place. In this version of online poker, players must use any two of their four cards and three of the community cards to make a hand. Once all the bets have been placed, players reveal their hand, which is known as the ‘showdown.’ The highest rank hand then wins.
SEVEN CARD STUD
At the beginning of the game, each player places a small wager called the ‘ante.’ They are then dealt two ‘hole’ cards, with one card facing up. This face-up card is known as ‘third street,’ and is available for all players to see. The player that has the lowest ranked ‘third street’ card must pay the ‘bring’ in,’ which is the smallest bet amount. The player sitting on the left-hand side of the player that paid the ‘bring in’ begins the next round of betting, and a fourth card known as ‘fourth street’ is dealt to each player. This card is also placed facing up so all players can see it.
BETTING IN SEVEN CARD STUD
At each betting round players can choose either to ‘fold, check, call or match’ the bets. The player with the most valuable ‘fourth card’ then starts the next betting round. Once the bets are placed, a fifth card, known as ‘fifth street’ is dealt to the players. This card also faces up. More betting takes place, followed by a sixth card dealt to each player, known as ‘sixth street,’ which is also placed face up. Additional betting takes place followed by a seventh card, given to each player, known as the ‘river’ which is placed face down. This is followed by a final round of betting. The player with the highest ranked hand made up of five cards wins.
ADDITIONAL POKER VERSIONS ONLINE USA
Most variations of internet poker in the US are similar to the variants described above. These variations can be played using real money bets, you can also check out our top ranked online casinos which offer free play for you to practice and perfect your online poker game, before using real money. If you feel like you are missing the action of the casino floor, most online casinos offer a live poker game which you can stream and play. The live game features a real dealer and even real players. Some other online poker variations include:
- Five card draw
- Omaha Hi-Lo
- Triple draw
- Irish poker
WHY PLAY ONLINE POKER
- You can play anytime and anywhere against opponents all over America.
- The game moves faster online than it would in land-based a casino which gives it an added edge of excitement.
- You can play the game without feeling intimidated by other poker players.
- There are more variations online so you can practice and find the best version for you.
- Poker is loved internationally, and learning how to play the game well will come in handy at any land-based casino.
- You do not have to wait to play poker as it is just a click away.
CARD VALUES ONLINE POKER
The following table shows how cards rank in online poker. These cards are then ranked from highest value to lowest, starting with the Ace and followed by the King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and are combined to form the strongest hand. The card ranks and combinations of online poker are as follows:
|0||Five of a Kind||10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace of one suit|
|1||Straight Flush also known as a royal flush||Five cards in a sequence of value and same suit|
|2||Four of a Kind||Four cards of the identical value|
|3||Full House||One pair and one three of a kind.|
|4||Flush||Five cards, all beloning to the same suit.|
|5||Straight||Any five cards in a sequence of values|
|6||Three of a Kind||Three cards of the equal value|
|7||Two Pairs||Two sets of pairs|
|8||One Pair||Two cards of the identical value|
|9||No Pair also known as high card||If no other hand is held, the card of the highest value will lead your hand. Ace being the highest, 2 the lowest.|
AMERICAN ONLINE POKER RULES
Here are some general online poker rules to remember.
- At each betting round players can choose either to ‘check, fold, call or match’ the bets.
- The main aim of poker is for the player to create the best possible hand out of the cards they are given, and by using the community cards.
- All cards in the player’s hand are used to decide the victor.
- A player is allowed to call no matter how many chips they have in their stack.
- The highest ranked hand always wins.
- Once you lose or fold you cannot get back the amount you bet.
USA ONLINE POKER TIPS AND STRATEGIES
- Memorize the rules and card ranks to make quicker decisions and improve your game.
- Playe for free to get used to the game before risking real money. Practice playing poker until you feel confident enough to play using real money.
- Make sure you are comfortable when you play so you can focus, and pick up on strategies other players use.
- Watch live poker games and tutorials so you can watch how the pros play. You may even pick up some good strategies you can use as well.
- Make sure that the software and hardware on your chosen device is good so that you do not struggle to see the screen or play the game.
- If you can choose your position, chose to play last. This allows you to make your decisions after everyone has played, and watch the other players, which will help you to pick up on, and predict their strategies.
- Make notes after each game of what plays worked, and what didn’t, to improve your game in the long run, and prevent you from making the same mistakes.
ONLINE POKER USA GLOSSARY 2017
A playeris free to increase the bet, or raise, by any amount of money
A player increase the size of their bet up to the limit set
Players can bet or raise in accordance with a set amount
Making the first bet
A player does not bet until another player opens
To drop out of the round losing any bets made in that round
To match the bet
To increase the betting amount
To continue to bet even though you may not have the best hand
Total bets made in that round, this what the winning player gets at the end of the round
Blind or ante
A forced bet made by the players, required to keep playing
A player’s turn to bet or raise
Cards which are used by all players to make a hand
This is the first three community cards that are dealt
Last community card that is dealt
The seventh card that is dealt to each player, which is placed face down in 7 card stud
When a player makes reckless decisions after a few bad rounds
Under the gun
Player sitting on the left-hand side of the big blind
Player sitting on the left-hand side of the dealer that must make a bet without seeing his/her hand
Player sitting on the left-hand side of the small blind. They must make their wager before seeing their hand
The smallest wager which the player with the lowest ‘third street’ card must bet
FAQ USA ONLINE POKER
LEARN HOW TO PLAY ONLINE POKER