Progressive jackpot casino games offer players the chance to win truly life-changing sums of money. Outside of tournaments, progressive jackpot casino games are pretty much the only title that will allow you to win millions of dollars. While winning these huge jackpots isn’t easy, it is said to happen about as often as someone becoming a millionaire from winning the lottery. If big wins are what you’re after, progressive jackpots are for you. Find out which online casinos in America have the best progressive jackpot casino games.
Best-Rated Progressive Jackpot Casinos
|Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Irish Luck Casino|
|Best USA Online Casino For April 2020|
|Play Sun Palace Casino|
|Top Rated Online Casino USA|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|One of the Best Online Casinos in the USA|
|Play Las Vegas Casino|
|Most Popular US Online Casino Site|
|Play cafe Casino|
|Best US Casino Online|
|Play All Star Casino|
|One of the Top Ten US Online Casino Sites|
|Play Slots Of Vegas Casino|
|Top Online Casino USA for Top Slots|
|Play Red Dog Casino|
|Best Best Rated Online Casino USA|
|Play Old Havana Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Crypto Reels|
|Highly Recommended Online Casino Site USA!|
How do Progressive Jackpot games work?
Now that we’ve told you that progressive jackpot games offer millions, dollars, or more jackpots, you’re probably wondering how they manage to do this? It’s actually quite simple. As players play the game and place wagers, a small portion of each wager is transferred to the jackpot.
The more players that bet on the game, the bigger and faster the jackpot grows. It will keep growing until someone wins the jackpot, at which point it’ll reset back to a minimum value and begin the process again.
These days there are likely to be thousands of games connected together from multiple casinos, all feeding into the same pot. This is what allows the jackpot to grow to such huge levels. In most cases, progressive jackpot casino games are limited to online slots, but sometime there are other games that offer these jackpots, such as video poker.
The History of progressive jackpots
Since progressive jackpots mainly come with online slots, we need to look at the history of the slot. There is some debate around who created the first slot machine but it is generally accepted that it was American inventor, Charles Fey. The slot was called the Liberty Bell and its popularity exploded once the public got their hands on it.
From there the slot machine spread around the world and it wasn’t until the 1980s that things started to really change. In the 1980s, we saw our first video slots, where the mechanical reels were replaced by video screens and Random Number Generators. Once this happened, game developers were able to start experimenting with linking slot machines together to create the first progressive jackpots.
Once the Internet became a thing, this allowed even more freedom to link games from different casinos together and, eventually, move them to casinos as well.
The Different Types of Progressive Jackpot
While the basic idea behind a progressive jackpot casino game is always the same, there are some slight differences between certain types of progressive games. Below you’ll see the three main types and what makes them different from one another.
- Stand Alone Progressive – The stand alone progressive is a casino game that is not linked to any other games. However, every player who makes a bet on this machine will contribute towards its jackpot. Because there’s only one game making the jackpot grow, it obviously grows much slower and doesn’t get as big. When progressive first came out, this was the type that was used. These days, they are less common but can still be found in some land-based casinos.
- Local/In-house Progressives – When it comes to local or in-house progressive jackpots, a casino will link together several different machines. This is normally between 10 and 100, but it is always within the same casino. Once again, these are mostly found at land-based casinos, but some casinos also make use of this type of progressive jackpot. These offer bigger jackpots than the stand-alone games, but not as big as the next type on our list.
- Wide Area Network progressive – These are the progressive slot games that offer the million dollar jackpots. Hundreds or even thousands of games will be linked together across multiple casinos. This can also include land-based and casino sites linking games together.
Progressive Jackpot Tips and tricks
If you have big dreams about the big win, progressive jackpot casino games are definitely for you. Unfortunately, the odds of winning are pretty small, but there’s always a chance. In order to give you the best possible chance of winning your “big win dream”, we’ve come up with some tips and tricks that will hopefully make your journey a little more pleasant.
- Always make sure that you fully understand the terms and conditions at the casino of your choice. Some Internet casinos have a maximum withdrawal amount, which could mean it will take years to withdraw your entire win. However, other casinos have made the progressive jackpots exempt from these rules. As you can see, it is very important to make sure you’re aware of the rules first.
- When playing, you will likely need to place the maximum possible bet. This is because most progressive casino games will state that you need to place the max bet in order to win the full jackpot. The last thing you want to do is win the jackpot but not get the whole thing, because you hadn’t placed the maximum bet possible.
- It is also advisable to try and choose a progressive jackpot game that has a jackpot that is higher than usual. If you do get lucky, you want to win as much as possible.
- We highly recommend players strictly budget their time and money. Decide how much money you’re going to spend on the game and do not go over it! The same goes for the amount of time you’re going to play. The last thing you need is to play for hours on end and lose a ton of money.
- It is also advisable to try and find the progressive jackpot game that has the highest payout percentage. A payout percentage is the percentage of money that is paid back to players. A 98% payout percentage will mean that for every $1 wagers, $0.98 is paid back. The higher it is, the better your chances of winning.
Online Slot Guides
- Slot Reviews
- History of the Slot Machine
- Top Real Money Slots
- Best Slot Tips
- How to Play Slots
- Best Slot Casino
Progressive Jackpot FAQs
What makes a progressive jackpot game so special?
A progressive jackpot casino game has a unique claim to fame. Its jackpot isn’t fixed and it continues to grow as more and more players wager on the game. You’ll also find that there are hundreds or even thousands of games connected together, so this jackpot grows really quickly. All of this comes together meaning that it is very common to see a progressive jackpot worth millions and millions of dollars. Winning one of these will definitely change your life!
Do you think I should bet the maximum amount?
We would advise you try and do so, provided your bankroll will support this decision. The reason is that most online progressive games will stipulate that in order to win the full jackpot amount, a maximum bet must be placed. However, if you can’t afford to place the maximum bet, don’t get yourself into trouble. Wins can still be quite big, even if you don’t bet the maximum amount.
What can I do to improve my chances of winning?
If we’re being brutally honest with you, there isn’t much you can do. Most progressive jackpots are online slot games and slots are designed to be completely random. The Random Number generators will determine what symbols will be displayed and there is nothing a player can do to influence this. You’re either going to get lucky or you’re not.
Are progressive jackpot games available at mobile casinos?
Absolutely! Almost all progressive jackpot games that can be found at a casino, will be found at that casinos mobile site. This means that you’ll be able to enjoy your game no matter where you are and you never know where you might be when you win big!
Do people actually win these?
While winning big isn’t all that common, it happens roughly as often as someone winning a big lottery win. There are plenty of people out there who have had their lives changed in an instant with a multi-million-dollar win. There are even people that have won big after spending just a few dollars at their chosen progressive jackpot game.