Is online poker rigged? That is a question a lot of US players have raised often. The query stems from the fact that they do not win all the time. This is despite the table games having a high return to player percentage (RTP). Casino games online use a random number generator (RNG) that determines the result of a spin or card drawn. This computer algorithm is failproof and ensures that the outcome of the cards dealt is random.
There are third-party agencies that are responsible for checking the RTP published by the casino for its authenticity. The RTP is a percentage ratio that details the number of players that have won in relation to the amount of money spent on the game. Therefore, the higher the number, the more likely you will win.
Is Online Poker Safe?
Yes, online poker is safe and totally fair. The RNG used at top poker sites is regularly tested for fairness and random results. This prevents the casino from hacking the system and determining the cards drawn. Some of the top agencies responsible for overseeing the safety and fairness at a casino online include eCOGRA and Technical Systems Testing (TST).
Pro poker players check the casino site to see if it is certified by the abovementioned agencies. The stamp of approval from the testing companies confirms that the games are safe and not rigged. These gambling firms also check the authenticity of the RTP percentage to verify if the payouts are as advertised.
How to Beat Online Poker Algorithms?
There is a basic way of beating the online poker algorithm that does not require one to commit a felony. You have to use a winning poker strategy to beat the casino. There are several strategies to win when playing poker that has helped other players make money at the casino.
Here are a few that have been used by poker pros to win:
- Use a poker chart to compare your hand against the dealer’s hand. It is a good rule to memorize the different poker hands in order to know which one is the best to have.
- Set a betting budget to use when gambling and don’t go above it.
- Always choose a game with a high RTP to improve the odds of winning.
- You need to choose a poker game that you are familiar with from the different variations of the card game.
- Sign up to a casino site that is certified by a reputable third-party to ensure that the online poker games are not rigged.