NHL Odds Betting Guide for US Bettors
NHL odds are something you need to understand if you are going to bet on the hockey league. Managing your bankroll is one of the factors that will help you become successful when you are dabbling in the sports betting world. The understanding of the different betting lines is also another factor that you need to consider if you want to become a pro at betting,
The NHL games have become so popular in the past few years that we have seen a lot of hockey fans gravitating towards wagers that involve this league. You may think that betting of the NHL is simple, however; it is slightly more complicated than you think. The NHL odds that are made available by oddsmakers determine the size of your payout. This is why is it advisable to learn how to read the odds first before you begin to place wagers on hockey teams.
We have compiled this guide to help you understand the different betting lines that are available for NHL bettors. The guide will also explain the odds and what they mean.
Recommended Sportsbooks for NHL Bettors
NHL Odds Breakdown
- Moneylines – many NHL bettors are starting the target this wager because it’s easy to understand and does not require a lot of research. With this wager, all you have to do is decide what the outcome of the game will be and place a bet accordingly. For instance, if the Blackhawks are playing against the Predators, the sportsbooks will then decide which team is the favourite based on the performance stats. The game odds will then reflect who the favourite and underdog of the event is.
- Totals – let’s say you are not too sure on which team will win the game. There are various reasons why you would not be confident about the winner. It could be the fact that the opposing teams are too closely matched so it could be anyone’s game or you are just not overly invested in the teams playing. Whatever your reason, the totals bet allows you to opt-out of making that decision. Instead, the sportsbook will place a total number of points that will be scored for the game, and all you will have to do is decide whether the number will be over or under the established one.
- Puck Lines – The puck line bet is for those who like to dabble in a bit of risk. So, with this wager, you are choosing a team that will win by at least two goals so that you can get a better payout. There is a safer option. You can decide to bet on a team that will lose by less than two points. If you choose the safer option, then you have to be prepared to receive a lower payout.
NHL Expert Picks
There is a lot of information out there about NHL betting lines and odds. However, with all the information available, you may find yourself feeling overwhelmed because you don’t know how to make a choice. Decision-paralysis is real. Luckily, we have the remedy for that.
- One of the things that could help with decision paralysis is looking at what the top betting experts are doing. Following their lead is an excellent way to ensure that you get a handsome payout. Of course, follow the experts until you have learnt the betting tricks yourself.
- You could also look at the different sportsbooks and the odds that they have offered for a particular game. Comparing the different sportsbooks will help you determine what betting line to pick and which team to back.
- Read the comments section of NHL betting forums. They are helpful because they will allow you to understand the thought process of the sportsbook NHL odds and what the expert bettors think about that.