The National Rugby League (NRL) is Australia’s premier rugby league tournament, and the most watched in the world. Thus, NRL betting is a pretty popular affair at sportsbooks around the world including the United States. The competition sees 16 teams (15 from Australia and one from New Zealand) go up against each other to be named the best in the league. The league features intense action, which is only made better by placing a wager on the outcomes, which could win you some big cash prizes.
If you are looking to learn more about betting on the NRL in the United States, make sure to keep on reading our guide down below. We teach bettors all they need to know about betting on the famous rugby league, including the types of bets they can make, how to read odds and the tips to keep in mind when placing a wager online. So, what are you waiting for?
Top NRL Betting Sites 2020
Looking for the sportsbooks with the best NRL betting odds? Well, have a look at the options listed down below they are sure to offer bettors with some of the most competitive odds available online.
|Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Irish Luck Casino|
|Best USA Online Casino For July 2020|
|Play Prism Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Sun Palace Casino|
|Top Online Casino USA for Top Slots|
|Play Slots Of Vegas Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|One of the Best Online Casinos in the USA|
|Play Old Havana Casino|
|Top Rated Online Casino USA|
|Play cafe Casino|
|Best US Casino Online|
|Play Las Vegas Casino|
|Most Popular US Online Casino Site|
|Play Red Dog Casino|
|Best USA Online Slots For May 2020|
|Play High Country Casino|
|One of the Top Ten US Online Casino Sites|
|Play Drake Casino|
|Excellent Casino Site|
Popular NRL Betting Lines
Betting on the NRL is a pretty standard affair if you are familiar with sports betting as a whole. If you are not though, the following wagers are some of the most popular available at NRL betting sites:
- Moneylines – this is the most basic bet that can be made in a rugby match. Bettors simply wager on the outcome of a match. They bet on whether a team will win or lose. 3-Way moneylines allow bettors to wager on a draw too, but we wouldn’t recommend picking that option as most bets don’t end in a draw.
- Spreads – these bets are also known as handicap bets. The sportsbook picks a favorite to win a match and then gives them a disadvantage that they will need to overcome in order for any bets made on the team to be successful. Bettors then wager on whether the team will be able to overcome the disadvantage or not.
- Totals – these bets do not involve wagering on the outcome of the match, but rather the total score combined. Will it be over or under the score predicted by the sportsbook?
- Props – these are bets made on specific players or happening within a match. Examples of such wagers include which player will score first.
- Futures – these are bets made on a team to win the NRL. These wagers provide the best odds because they are so difficult to win. The longer the period of time is before the match is played, the better your odds will be.
Top NRL Betting Tips
There are a few betting tips related to the National Rugby League every serious sports bettor should keep in mind before placing a wager on the league. These include the following:
- Don’t Make Future Bets Too Soon – bettors should always wait until a few matches in a league season has passed before deciding to place a future bet. This way players get an idea of how the season is going to play out before committing to a wager.
- Parlays are Advisable – generally, we wouldn’t recommend that bettors make too many parlays while sports betting. However, in rugby league matches, we do make an exception. There are some teams in the league that are clear favorites to win for a reason, and while there may be instances in which upsets occur, this isn’t all that common in this particular sport.
- Compare Sportsbook Offers – as with all sports bets, it is important to shop around for odds. You never want to be in a situation where you find out that you could have made more money by placing the same bet at another sportsbook.
National Rugby League odds are worked out according to a number of aspects. This includes factors such as the teams involved in the match, where the match is being played and team line-ups. There are many other aspects involved in these calculations that bettors will never really be aware of.
Most sportsbooks in the United States represent odds in using the American/Moneyline odds system. With this system, bettors can calculate how much they potentially stand a chance of winning by looking at whether a positive or negative mathematical symbol precedes the number, and using the relevant formula. The formulas are:
- Negative – (100/Odds) x Stake
- Positive – Odds x (Stake/100)
You should now be ready to place on any NRL game available to bet on at your favorite sportsbooks.
Check out our other betting pages: