Learning how to read boxing betting odds is an important part of developing your skills as a sports bettor. Betting on boxing, or any sports event for that matter, is very difficult if you don’t know what’s going on your chosen sportsbook. While boxing may not draw in the same level of audience as it used to in the 19th century, it’s still a major draw card for sports betting platform.
What’s great about a boxing fight is that it isn’t confined to a season or country. In many countries have an established boxing industry with world-renowned boxers. However, the United States is a world leader in boxing and throwing lavish boxing fights in places like Las Vegas.
Figuring out boxing betting odds isn’t that difficult (it helps when you have a handy guide to reference, like the one below). We’ll be providing you with a how to read boxing odds guide that will get you confident about reading and placing boxing bets online.
Best Boxing Betting Lines Sites
Below are some of our recommended casino sites with sportsbooks that have great betting lines on upcoming boxing fights.
|Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Irish Luck Casino|
|Best USA Online Casino For July 2020|
|Play Prism Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Sun Palace Casino|
|Top Online Casino USA for Top Slots|
|Play Slots Of Vegas Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|One of the Best Online Casinos in the USA|
|Play Old Havana Casino|
|Top Rated Online Casino USA|
|Play cafe Casino|
|Best US Casino Online|
|Play Las Vegas Casino|
|Most Popular US Online Casino Site|
|Play Red Dog Casino|
|Best USA Online Slots For May 2020|
|Play High Country Casino|
|One of the Top Ten US Online Casino Sites|
|Play Drake Casino|
|Excellent Casino Site|
Boxing Odds Explained
When reading boxing betting odds at sports betting sites, they generally use the American format. So, instead of using fractions and decimals, boxing odds are represented as a number with either a positive (+) or a negative (-) sign before the odds. Now, these symbols represent what the oddsmakers think are the chances of a fighter winning or losing a match. Additionally, it also indicates to you how much you’ll win.
- The positive sign indicates the underdog. Furthermore, if you find +200, for example, next to fighter’s name, this means that you win US$200 if you wager $100.
- The negative sign indicated the favorite to win. Additionally, if you find -150, for example, next to the boxer’s name, this means you’ll win USD100 if you bet $100.
At sportsbooks that cater to more than just bettors, you’ll the previously mentioned formats. You have the option of changing how you want the boxing betting odds displayed. It doesn’t change the value of the boxing odds, just how you read them.
Boxing Betting Odds Bet Types
Now that you know how to read boxing odds, let’s take a look at the betting lines you can wager on in a boxing fight. There are five popular boxing betting lines you can put your money on.
Group Round Betting
This bet type allows you to wager on the boxing betting odds of which group of rounds the fight will finish. bettors can pick a varied number of rounds and group them. This also has an impact of how much they’ll walk away with. You can pick:
- Group of two rounds: rounds 1 to 2
- Three rounds: from 1 to 3
- Group of four rounds: rounds 1 to 4
- Five rounds: from 1 to 5
- Group of six rounds: rounds 1 to 6 or even 7 to 12
So, when picking a fighter that may be great at winning fights in the second half of fights, you may consider going for higher group bets like 7 to 12 rounds. This betting line has higher boxing betting odds than the standard options like head-to-head or method of victory which we’ll explore below.
This is a straight forward boxing bet. Furthermore, it’s also the easiest and most popular boxing betting line. It’s boxing’s money line bet where you pick the winner of the boxing fight. It’s either fighter A or fighter B; Pacquiao or Mayweather. Boxing is a sport that can change with a single punch and the one-on-one nature of the match makes it an exciting bet that has great boxing betting odds. However, it doesn’t pay out as well as the other more complex bet types.
Method of Victory Betting
This boxing betting line is for the bettor that’s fairly confident in how the fight will go. Moreover, it’s a great addition to the simple head-to-head boxing betting odds. There are eight methods of victory to choose from:
- Knock out (KO): the fighter is knocked down and can’t beat the referee’s count.
- Technical Knock Out (TKO): when the fighter beats the referee’s count but they deem the fighter isn’t fit to continue.
- Opponent Retired (RTD): this is when the fighter doesn’t return for their corner after the end of a round because their team says they aren’t fit enough to continue.
- Unanimous Decision (UD): the judges all agree on the winning fighter after the scheduled rounds have finished.
- Split Decision (SD): after the scheduled rounds have finished, two judges vote for one fighter and the third votes for the other one.
- Majority Decision (MD): two judges vote for the same player while the third judge calls it a draw.
- Technical Decision (TD): this is when a winner is picked after the fight has been stopped due to an accidental head butt. The fighter is unable to continue because of the injury. They have to have gone a certain number of rounds after which then it goes to a judges’ vote. They determine who the winner was at the point they stopped the fight.
- Opponent Disqualified (DQ): when a fighter continuously or flagrantly fouled an opponent, the other fighter is named the winner. If both are disqualified, the boxing fight is a no contest.
This is the boxing betting line that gives major returns. Basically, the bettor picks which round they think their fighter will win the fight. The boxing betting odds for each round can vary with each fighter and they generally match the odds in a head-to-head betting line. So, generally boxing bettors can expect the odds for a knockout to pay the highest in the first round and incrementally drop up to round six and seven. After which, they increase and are high in rounds 11 and 12.
Total Rounds Betting
Also known as over/under bet, total rounds have good boxing betting odds. Instead of the score, as in other sports, it’s on the number of predicted rounds set by the sports betting site. You, as the bettor will choose if the fight will last over the set number or less than the set round number. This is a good option if you’re only sure about the number of rounds the boxing fight will last.
More guides on sports odds: