Casinos in Idaho attract a lot of gambling activities from residents in this state. The state of Idaho has seven casinos in total, and they offer a wide variety of casino games.
This includes the most popular ones such as blackjack, roulette, slots and so much more. Idaho also has a state lottery that attracts plenty of patrons on a daily basis. Among their many services the lottery also sells scratch cards, which are enjoyed by plenty of gamblers.
Idaho casinos may be popular, but horse racing betting and the industry at large enjoys a lot of attention and business from residents of Idaho. In this guide, we will look at the various aspects of gambling in Idaho.
This includes laws in the state regarding casino gaming, both online and land-based. We’ll also look at the various top US casino sites that you can consider as a resident in the state. We’ll look at the history of gambling laws in the state as well.
Best Internet Casinos in Idaho
Online Gambling Idaho
Idaho State, just like most states, permits off-track horse racing betting as the only type of online gambling. At the moment, there are three platforms in particular that will accept horse racing bets from patrons. These are TVG, BetAmerica and TwinSpires.
Idaho horse racing, as a result, is quite popular. Daily fantasy sports are also another aspect of internet gaming that residents of Idaho can enjoy. CBS Sports, Yahoo, FanDuel and DraftKings are platforms that made provision for fantasy sports tournaments.
Casinos in Idaho
We mentioned previously that there are seven casinos in Idaho. Below, we have the full list of casinos together with the addresses.
|Coeur D’Alene Casino||37914 South Nukwalqw|
|Clearwater River Casino||17500 Nez Perce Highway|
|Fort Hall Casino||1-15 Exit 80 – Simplot Road|
|Kootenai River Inn Casino||7169 Plaza St.|
|It’se Ye-Ye Casino||419 Third Street|
|Sage Hill Travel Center||I-15 exit 80|
|Bannock Peak Casino||1707 W. County Rd.|
Idaho Gambling Laws
Idaho is considered to be one of the strictest states when it comes to gambling laws. Prior to the 1930s ‘gift enterprise’ games were not permitted in Idaho, along with the lottery.
In the 1930s slot machines had managed to penetrate some local areas of the state such as Garden City, Pocatello as well as Idaho Falls. Because of the lack of legislation surrounding slots they were not prohibited. Below, we give a brief timeline of the progression of gambling laws for casinos in Idaho.
- 1940s – Slot machines were officially legalized.
- 1950s – The Idaho Supreme Court declared slot machines as unconstitutional under section 18-3804 of the Idaho Code.
- 1960s – The Idaho State Racing Commission was created following the decision to authorize pari-mutuel Idaho horse racing by section 54-2501.
- 1980s – The Idaho Lottery was approved by voters and the state lottery was established. To date, the lottery offers games such as the Powerball, Mega Millions as well as regional games such as Bingo and more.
- 1980s – The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1988 was passed by Congress. The act permitted tribal organizations in the state of Idaho to build casinos on their land in partnership with the state.
- 2002 – Steps to introduce video gaming machines, lawfully, were taken through a vote that took place.
- 2013 – Instant racing machines were approved by lawmakers in the state of Idaho. The law was soon revoked as lawmakers stated that they were tricked into legalizing what was referred to as a ‘loophole’ in the state’s ban on slot machines.
Idaho Gambling Conclusion
Now, if you want to enjoy your classic table games, speciality games, and all other games alike, then you can have a look at the casino’s table above for both online and land-based gambling. There are enough casinos in Idaho to keep patrons happy and satisfied. By signing up at any of the casino sites today, you’ll be availing yourself to plenty of rewards that are made available to loyal players.