Familiarizing yourself with video poker rules is one of the best ways to increase your odds. Video poker is on the favorable casino games in the US. The poker games are loved by gamblers who enjoy being in control without the pressure of having another player sat the table. The video poker rules are easy to understand and make the game enjoyable for players of all skill sets. An important aspect to remember is that video poker has loads of variations – some with their own rules. The video poker rules we are about to share with you may differ slightly to the rules for some variations.
Players will find that there is a difference between playing video poker and playing table poker. For starters, there aren’t other players as the game is played on a machine that is similar to a slot game. Video poker rules make the process of learning how to play the game at top US casino sites easier than expected. Our team of experts have put together a video poker rules guide to ensure that US players get the most out of each video poker game.
Video Poker Rules Page Links
The objective of playing video poker is to acquire a winning set of cards. Each set of cards will offer a particular payout, and the payouts may differ casino to casino. The game uses a 52-card deck. Due to the game being played on a machine the cars will be virtually shuffled by a random number generator. The game has a number of variations with each variation having its set of specific rules. Whether you are playing at a brick and mortar casino or online video poker machine, each game uses the following set rules:
- To start off, the player will have to place a bet according to the available bet size on the game.
- A deal button will be displayed on the screen or will be on one of the buttons. Press deal and your hand will be dealt on screen
- Players can either discard or hold on to any of their cards. To hold a card, simply click on it.
- Once you have picked your cards, click on the ‘draw’ to replace discarded cards.
- The winning hand will be determined using the standard hand rankings. The games payout structure will determine your winnings.
The rules of video poker also reveals the biggest secret to the game, which is that there are no video poker machine secrets. Well, besides one secret. Video Poker uses the standard US poker hand rankings.. Players have to know all the crucial rankings used in video poker.
- Royal flush: The hand consists of cards from the same card suit. The cards included a ten, a jack, queen and king.
- Straight flush:the second-best hand in poker uses five cards, which are consecutive such as 7,8,9,10 and Jack.
- Four of a kind: Any four cards which are identical in value.
- Full house: the hand includes a pair as well as three cards of equal value.
- Flush: A hand which has five cards from the same suit.
- Straight hand: Any five consecutive numbers. The hand is not suit specific.
- Three of a kind: a hand with three identical cards any two cards.
- Two of a kind: A hand that features a pairs.
Similarly, to video poker rules, each video poker variation will has its own strategy. The strategy for each variation will have set way of playing. Playing using a strategy can easily benefit the players bankroll.
- It is essential to be aware of which video poker game you are playing in order to play the correct strategy.
- Practice, practice and practice. Play a few free video poker games before betting with real money.
- Play slowly. The speed at which you play will affect your hourly losses or wins as well ensure more extended playtime and increases any chance of you hitting a royal flush.
- Look out for the machines that offer high payouts. Video poker machine will display the payout amount before each game starts.
- Target the promotions and bonus which are up for grabs.
- Play at the progressive jackpot Video Poker Machines for a chance to win immense cash prizes.
Other Video Poker Guides
- Video Poker Machines
- New Video Poker games
- Video Poker No Download