Casinos in Oregon may not be as popular as casinos in Nevada, but the State features a wealth of gaming options for players to enjoy. Gambling in Oregon state is a fantastic way of earning real money playing legal casino games.
You can sample casinos operated by Native American Indian tribes along with state-owned lotteries. The State has fully backed casino gambling in Oregon that players don’t need to visit a land-based casino to gamble. The Oregon gambling law allows patrons to play bingo games and raffles at charities in the State.
You can visit some of the best casinos in Oregon State to find all of your favorite card games such as Poker and Blackjack, slot machines, horse racing and many other betting options. Go through our Oregon casinos guide to find out how to navigate the State’s gambling laws. Discover the list of online casinos in Oregon and the history of gambling in Oregon. Whether you are in Portland or Medford, the coastal State features all of the casino games that players of a certain gambling age can play.
Best Casino Sites in Oregon 2022
Every gambler knows that it is vital to be aware of the gambling legislation in every State before you travel to the region. Oregon gambling laws are pretty standard. It is one of the few states that has a rich history of casino gambling and other forms of gambling offers. Oregon State has nine casinos in total, seven of them owned by the Native American Indian tribes.
The Indian casinos in Oregon are located all around the coastal State, with the largest land-based casino being Spirit Mountain Casino. The Oregon state is also the only seller of scratch card and lottery tickets in the State. You cannot find scratch-off games on the internet because it constitutes breaking the law. Find a list of the all the casinos in Oregon that you can visit to play your favorite casino games
List of Oregon Casinos
Our list is pretty extensive, featuring casinos in Oregon state with hotels as well as gambling venues without. In total, there are ten casinos in the State of Oregon, differentiated amongst casinos on the coast of Oregon as well as casinos around Portland Oregon central city:
- If you are anywhere in Grand Ronde in Willamette Valley, The Spirit Mountain Casino is the place to be. It is decked with a 254-room hotel and casino floors that populate the 90,000 square foot building. It is fit for the whole family, with live entertainment events all year round and five-star restaurants.
- Lincoln City is the home of Chinook Winds Casino, very popular for Oregon gambling society. The casino floor has several table games that you can play on 157,000 square feet and players can take a break on the golf course for a few putts. Visit the area to enjoy live entertainment and stay at any of the 227-rooms in the luxurious hotel.
- The Indian Head Casino is situated in Warm Springs and is quite smaller than most casinos in Oregon. Although it occupies only 25,000 square feet of the gaming floor, you’ll still find your favorite slots machines and table games such as blackjack and poker. The Kah-Nee-Tah resort features a spa and offers hotel rooms and a golf course.
- The Three Rivers Casino and Hotel is perfectly located in Florence for gamblers searching for slots machines, blackjack, video poker, roulette, poker, craps, Pai Gow Poker as well as speciality games such as, keno, and bingo. The resort also has a hotel and several dining options.
- Located in Coos Bay, play at the Three Rivers Casino Coos Bay, where you can find over 250 gaming machines such as bingo-style slots games to enjoy.
- Wildhorse Resort & Casino in Pendleton makes visiting the state a joy for gamers as well as the entire family looking for a great vacation stay.
- Tourists can also visit Kla-Mo-Ya Casino in Chiloquin to find a mixture of perfect dining restaurants on-site such as the Peak to Peak restaurant juxtaposed with a spread of casino games to enjoy.
- In the North Bend, you can find The Mill Casino Hotel that features well over 700 slots machine games, blackjack tables, Pai Gow, craps, and roulette. Take the family out to a 5-star dining experience at the hotel, which has 92 rooms.
Poker Clubs in Casinos
There are several Oregon poker rooms that gamblers can find in the State but not to gamble for money. If you visit Poker clubs in Oregon, you can take part in a range of poker tournaments that are legal such as Portland Meadows and Black Diamond Poker Room for social gambling. Owing to the fact that Portland is a mere 25 miles away from Washington, Portland residents general leave the State to nearby Ilani Casino in Ridgefield to play their favorite poker games for real money.
Sports Betting Oregon Casinos
Oregon sports betting has gone through its ups and downs since the Oregon Lottery first launched Sports Action back in 1989. Initially, the betting options only included the NFL parlay card system and the popularity of the games pushed the regulator to add the NBA into the mix.
This would spell out trouble even though there was a rule banning bets on Portland Trailblazers games. These raise issues created a domino effect as other organizations also found fault in the Sports Actions, leading the NCAA omitting Oregon from hosting tournaments as well.
The last straw came after the NBA filed a lawsuit that the Oregon Lottery had to settle. This also ensured that there would be an end to the NBA parlay cards, which came a year later. Following the reversal of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA), tribal casinos were the first to launch sportsbooks in the State.
History of Gambling in Oregon State
The Oregon gambling history is a long one and a very colorful one. You’d have to go back as far as 1931 to find the first wager in the State. Pari-Mutuel betting was first introduced around that time for horse racing, while greyhound racing would have to wait for two years before they were officially launched.
With so many gambling laws restricting players from thoroughly enjoying casino games, this gave rise to social gambling in Oregon. Gambling games such as poker are considered legal in Oregon under the strict rules that there is no profit by the house (this can be the casino or person that hosts the poker games).
Casinos in Oregon FAQs
The gambling laws in Oregon strictly forbids all forms of internet gambling in the State. Persons in Oregon are not allowed to participate in games of chance on the web where the money is won if the outcome is in favour of the player. Oregon gamblers have the option to go to Indian casinos near Portland, Oregon.
Yes, Oregonians can place off-track bets at Portland Meadows or at any of the bookmakers around the State that have the license to offer the betting options. Off-track betting is also the only allowed online gambling wagers if you place a bet at accredited sites such as TVG and TwinSpires.
The other permitted form of online gambling is daily fantasy sports sites. The regulator requires the DFS sites to be licensed with the local authorities. At the time of writing, the companies that operate in the State of Oregon are DraftKings, FanDuel, BS Sports and Yahoo!.
Yes, Oregon gamblers have three options to enjoy legal poker games in this State.
- The first option is to visit one of the tribal casinos that feature poker card rooms on the gaming floor.
- The second option is to participate in poker clubs that provide legal housing of the poker games where the prizes (not money) goes back to the players.
- The last option is peer-to-peer poker gaming, where you can play poker games at home for social gaming purposes where no one profits from the poker games.
Oregon gamblers can bet on sports at tribal casinos as of August 2022.
Yes, bet on local and international horse racing events at legal sportsbooks in Oregon. There are several casinos in Oregon that take horse bets, and Portland Meadows remains the only racetrack that operates in the State of Oregon.
See more States Gambling:
- Rhode Island Casinos
- Tennessee Casinos
- Connecticut Casinos
- West Virginia Casinos
- Alaska Casinos
- Arizona Casinos
- Arkansas Casinos
- Maryland Casinos
- Alabama Casinos
- California Casinos
- Gambling in Canada
- Colorado Casinos
- Florida Casinos
- Georgia Casinos
- Kansas Casinos
- Kentucky Casinos
- Hawaii Casinos
- Illinois Casinos
- New Jersey Casinos
- Oklahoma Casinos
- South Carolina Casinos
- South Dakota Casinos
- North Dakota Casinos
- Nevada Casinos
- Top Las Vegas Casinos
- Mississippi Casinos
- Texas Casinos
- Delaware Gambling
- Idaho Casinos
- Indiana Casinos
- Iowa Casinos
- Ohio Casinos
- Louisiana Casinos
- Massachusetts Casinos
- Michigan Casinos
- Minnesota Casinos
- Missouri Casinos
- Montana Casinos
- Maine Casinos
- Nebraska Casinos
- New Hampshire Casinos
- New Mexico Casinos
- Utah Casinos
- New York Casinos
- North Carolina Casinos
- Pennsylvania Casinos
- Virginia Casinos
- Washington Casinos
- Wyoming Casinos
- Wisconsin Casinos