Common Blackjack Myths
Over the years, there have been many blackjack myths that have done the rounds both in land-based casinos and online. Basically, some players believe that there are certain events or situations that will hurt your chances at winning. But, more often than not, these beliefs are just another form of gambler’s fallacy. Seasoned players will know that certain situations are less likely of happening if it has already happened or some other factor is present that will supposedly automatically result in favorable results not taking place.
Some of the weird myths surrounding blackjack are so ridiculous that many players will find it hard to believe them. In fact, some of them may even hurt your blackjack strategy if you follow them ardently. Below we have a look at blackjack myths and why you should avoid following them. So, read on and learn if your strategy is filled with false beliefs and the experience blackjack at top online casinos.
Best Casino Sites for Blackjack
If you are looking to play blackjack online, the casinos listed below should be able to help you out. Each has got a number of variations of the card game available to play. So, what are you waiting for? Play blackjack online for real money today!
|Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Irish Luck Casino|
|Best USA Online Casino For July 2020|
|Play Prism Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Sun Palace Casino|
|Top Online Casino USA for Top Slots|
|Play Slots Of Vegas Casino|
|Top User-friendly USA Online Casino Site!|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|One of the Best Online Casinos in the USA|
|Play Old Havana Casino|
|Top Rated Online Casino USA|
|Play cafe Casino|
|Best US Casino Online|
|Play Las Vegas Casino|
|Most Popular US Online Casino Site|
|Play Red Dog Casino|
|Best USA Online Slots For May 2020|
|Play High Country Casino|
|One of the Top Ten US Online Casino Sites|
|Play Drake Casino|
|Excellent Casino Site|
Biggest Blackjack Myths to Avoid
Below are some of the most popular blackjack myths circulating both the internet and land-based casinos. We recommend that players pay no mind to any of these supposed “tips”:
- Sitting Next to a Bad Player Hurts Your Game – supposedly, bad players throw off the rhythm of the table by making ill-thought out decisions. This includes hitting when they should have stayed and vice-versa. In actual fact, these players really have no effect on the game. If you are able to work out the mathematical rhythm of the game, you should be able to deduce what effects their actions may have on the game. This leads us to our next point…
- Card Counting is Illegal – this is absolutely untrue. While casinos may not like players who count cards, it is not illegal to make use of this strategy. In fact, many consider it to be one of the most useful blackjack strategies as you reduce the house edge by as much as 2%
- You Need to Get 21 to Win – this is a lie. All you need to do to win a blackjack game is get a better score than the dealer. This may entail you getting a score of 17 and the dealer going bust. You don’t need to have a score of 21 to win.
- Always Take Insurance – many “professional” blackjack tipsters like to recommend that players take insurance if a dealer’s face up card is an ace. This is generally out of fear that the dealer has a blackjack hand. However, it is suggested that this is only ever true 30% of the time. By constantly taking the insurance option, you are just gifting the casino money.
Check out our other blackjack guides:
- American & European Blackjack
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- How to Play Blackjack
- Blackjack Card Counting Strategy
- Free Blackjack
- Blackjack Basic Strategy
Why You Should Avoid Following Blackjack Myths
Well, the biggest reason you shouldn’t believe in blackjack myths is that you give life to the belief that gambling is not random. This can be very dangerous as it leads you to many players believing that they in some way have control over results in games. Not only is this not entirely possible, but this could also lead players to spending more in the hope of winning in the next round.
We won’t deny that it is possible to predict future results with an electronic gambling game if you have cracked the algorithm it uses to generate its results. However, none of the fallacies listed above really have any chance in helping you perform better in blackjack. In fact, if you consistently follow some of the myths listed above, you could land up making sure that your play sessions are shorter than could be.