Daily Fantasy Sports are one of the fastest growing forms of gambling in the United States. While still not as big as regular fantasy sports, many players from the USA love the faster nature of the daily variety. Players can create their own teams of players and see how they do against other fantasy teams. The good thing about daily fantasy sports is the competition will only last for a day, or at most a weekend, compared to regular fantasy sports which last the entire season. Players can then place wagers and will win money depending on how well their team does.
Top-Rated USA online Casinos
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
$350 MATCH BONUS
| || |
However, this is still a relatively new part of sports betting, and many players are unsure of the whole thing. That’s why Casino US decided to create an in-depth guide about daily fantasy sports to try and help new players get involved.
Quick Daily Fantasy Sports Guide
Before we go into too much detail, here are some quick things players need to know about daily fantasy sports.
- Players are able to bet real money and win real money. It is also legal in most parts of the United States, such as New Jersey. Very few states have actually made it illegal.
- The competitions only last the day, or in the case of golf and football, the weekend.
- Players choose their teams based on a salary cap, in most cases.
- A player’s team is completely independent of other teams. This means you can choose the same players as someone else.
- The only real difference between daily fantasy sports and the regular version is the duration of the competitions.
The way the league is scored will change depending on what sport you have built your team for. However, as a rule, the performance of the real-world player in their game will determine how many points you score for your daily fantasy sport. Players can create fantasy teams for numerous different sports. These include:
Not all sites that offer daily fantasy sports will offer all of these, so be sure to double check the sport you want is available.
How to Get Started in Daily Fantasy Sports
If you’re completely new to daily fantasy sports, you may be unsure of how to get started. If this is the case, follow our step-by-step guide below to get started.
- Sign up with a Daily fantasy sports site – The first thing you’ll need to do is sign up at a daily fantasy sports website. These websites will actually host the competitions and pay out the winners. Players need to make sure the site they sign up with is trustworthy. The two biggest are DraftKings and FanDuel. These are probably the best to go with.
- Decide on which sport you’d like to create a team for and which league you want to enter. It’s best to choose a sport you have a fair amount of knowledge on.
- Create your team – Once you have decided, you’ll need to draft your team. The players drafting the team will be given a salary cap and choose the best possible players without exceeding the salary limitations. The better the player, the more expensive they will be.
- Wait for the league to end – Once this is done, your job is complete. The games will then be played in real life, and the results for the fantasy leagues will be updated.
The Basic Rules of Daily Fantasy Sports
By now, we’re sure you understand how to get started in daily fantasy sports in the USA, but you may not completely understand how winners and losers are chosen. Essentially, the website you signed up at will monitor the real-life games that your fantasy players are participating in. The website will also provide you with a scoring list that will tell you how many points various actions are worth.
If you’re running a Football sports team, receiving a touchdown pass might be worth 6 points. If your team has a player that received a touchdown in real life, you’ll get six points. There are also actions that will cause your team to lose points, like fumbling a pass. In the end, all the actions are totalled up, and your team is compared to all other teams in that league.
Be advised; different websites will have different scoring systems, so don’t assume it’s the same across sites.
The Best Way to get Started in Daily Fantasy Sports
If you’re still reading this, we’re sure that you are now ready to get involved, but how should you get started? There are a few options, but we suggest you always start small. Some websites will allow you to participate in a league for free and try it out.
If you don’t want to play for free, then look out for daily fantasy sports leagues with a really low buy in. We’re talking about large tournaments with a buy-in of $1. This allows new players to get the full experience, without risking much money in the process. You never know, you may even win some money in your early games.
Daily Fantasy Sports Leagues
The best thing with daily fantasy sports is that there are different types of competitions and leagues you can enter as you get more confident. Some of the other leagues include:
- Double Up Leagues
- Sit N Go
- Head to head, or 1v1
- Beginner Leagues
- Large Tournaments
Some new players think they might have an easier time entering a 1v1 league. We promise you; this is a bad idea. Only the best players tend to enter these. They have a set team that they have conducted hours of research on. We almost guarantee that a new player will lose to one of these seasoned players.
New players really need to stick to large tournaments or beginner’s leagues until they develop the skills needed to try the other varieties of daily fantasy sports.
Daily Fantasy Sports Guide Conclusion
That about covers it for our beginner’s guide to daily fantasy sports in the United States. We hope you learnt something and feel more comfortable with getting involved. These fast-paced competitions are great fun, and we highly recommend them to any American who has any interest in fantasy sports betting.